360 IS IN!!!!!(kinda long)

From: Sam South (sawcut64@mediaone.net)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 18:29:01 EDT

Well I finally joined the ranks of 360 powered Daks, the install went well
with only a few minor glitches and so far no leaks and it's still runs so
that's a good sign. I put about 20 minutes of initial start up run time at
about 1700 RPM's, buy I've only driven it about 5 miles. Things left to do
are final adjustment on the roller rockers, replace broke dipstick
tube($8.59 from dealer), check power steering fluid(some drained out during
install), replace belt(old and got grease on it) change oil after all that's
done and hurry up and get some break-in miles on her so I can dyno and drag
strip her!!! I've been hearing some horror stories about the Mopar crate
motors so hopefully this will be a strong, solid motor....we'll see. One
thing though, it seems to want to almost stall when coming to a stop and I
press the clutch in, it drops to about 450-500 RPM's for 3-4 seconds then
idles up to around 800 and stays there. Anyone have any ideas? With the cam
I have 450 RPM's nearly stalls it, the cam specs are .544 lift for both
intake and exhaust and 218 duration intake and 228 exhaust at .050". Any
ideas would be appreciated.
Sam South
95 Dak, 5.9L,3.90 LSD,5-speed
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Mt5J8FaDfVCv6/