Gained Power, lost mileage, and what is that sucking sound???

From: Dave (ded74@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 05:34:24 EDT

Hey all, I'm back, don't have my new baby, family emergency forced me to
postpone my purchase. I have a question for you tho, I put in 3923's and
went to a Edelbrock 14x3 open element air cleaner. I gained power (at least
I can feel it), but I seem to have lost some gas mileage, like around 2 mpg.
And there is also a sucking sound when I'm pressing or letting off the
throttle, if it's idling or WOT it's ok. My bro said it might be a vacuum
leak? Does that sound right, and would that rob my mileage? And if that's
it, what do I do? Thanks guys.

--
Dave
Denver, CO