Hurst Shifter stuff!

From: jdharmon@earthlink.net
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 18:33:57 EDT

Hey gang - I got my shifter ready to install once the drive shaft comes
in. While waiting i have been playing with a couple of other projects.
One of them is a brake ducting kit that easily bolts on. Should work
fine with any year Dakota. The other is I felt I could do up a better
shift knob for the hurst shifter than what they offer. So I did. Pure
billet aluminum, screws right on without a problem. Trying to work out
the details on the cost though. Size is 2.5 inches diameter and
polished. Very nice.

For those with the shifter or considering getting one, warning. If you
got one of the first ones last year, your shaft threads are larger than
those purchased today. Call it a cost cutting move, but Hurst reduced
the size of the shifter shaft at the handle and also reduced the size of
the thread pattern in diameter. Be warned. Not all shifter balls will
fit! Check your size and thread pitch. Too funny.

TTYL

Jim Harmon