Re: Turbo Chargers CONT

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 10:52:05 EDT

A 360 is 150lbs heavier than the V6. After 2 turbos, piping, parts and etc....you probably won't save any weight. And at about 8psi you'll probably make the same power as a 360 stock with headers, and probably save yourself the fuel and ping problems in the process. Not only that, you have further room for improvement. I went through all these options last year and the best way to go kept coming up....get a V8. So, guess what I got now?

-Austin
Vipertruck
"The Antirice"

Ok,

My truck runs like shit as it is... so I dont know if I will be doing this
before I get all the kinks worked out, but I am seriously interested in
putting twin turbos on my truck (I know... they ALREADY have a pinging
problem!) I guess my question is... other than the turbos, and perhaps
special fittings, and perhaps a custom airhat, what else would I need? I
would for usre need a fuel injection system that would allow for maximum
fuel delivery? Would I need a custom computer for that or no.

I've priced several alternatives... and one would ask why I wouldnt just
upgrade to a v8... but if I could keep relatively the same amount of weight,
and put out a lot more power, I would definately want to go that way.
\
Please anyone with info/experience with this... lemme know

Wes