Re: Throttle Body for 2.5L?

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 10:46:15 EDT

A V6 or V8 TB won't fit at all. The 2.5L uses a 1-barrel, the Vs use a
2-barrel. Plus, it would be far too large; The aftermarket V6 TBs for
normal engines (everyone but Bernd) run 48-50mm, the V8s run 50-52mm or a
little more.

If you've got a Dremel or other small tools at your disposal, and can find a
TB off a donor car, you could try cleaning it up yourself. If there's
enough market, you may be able to talk someone into producing them.