Re: nitrous install

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Jul 22 2001 - 10:01:19 EDT

| Most Nitrous installations recommend about 6 inches ahead of the TB.
| Purpose for this is to give the nitrous and fuel time to mix evenly
before
| hitting the intake & TB. That gives each cylinder an equal charge.

This is the way I have seen it done everytime. It doesn't seem like the
best way though to me. It would seem like you're substantially reducing
the capacity of the TB by doing this. Instead of only flowing air, the TB
now has to flow nitrous and the added fuel. I would think the effective
CFM of the TB would be substantially reduced in terms of the air it could
flow. Obviously, the whole point of nitrous is that it brings additional
air into the combustion chamber, so maybe this isn't a big issue at all???
I don't know.

The simple carbuerated nitrous kits use a plate below the carb, why not do
this with a TB setup as well??