RE: powertrax locker...HELP!!!

From: yllwdkta (yllwdkta@insight.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 15:28:14 EDT

thanks Tom

Tim Althoff
http://www.angelfire.com/oh3/yellowdakota/index.html
99 Solar Yellow RC V-6 Manual

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net]On Behalf Of ABadDakota
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2001 10:16 AM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: Re: DML: powertrax locker...HELP!!!

Tim-

I am not sure how much noise that you are talking
about, but I know that when they are first
installed, they do make some noise and are
supposed to quite down (though not completely)
after a few hundred miles.

Tom
--- yllwdkta <yllwdkta@insight.rr.com> wrote:
> It isn't that severe but I do have a couple of
> questions. I put the no-slip
> locker in yesterday and it went in beautiful
> after I took some metal off the
> outside of the C-clip. One question I have
> though, when I was testing it
> they said to push the driver side wheel forward
> and push the passenger wheel
> forward and they should not move. it didn't
> which is what it's supposed to
> do. The do the same for the driver side and
> push the passenger side
> backwards and it should move...It didn't but
> it's supposed to. I went ahead
> and put the truck on the ground and made some
> turns in the driveway. It
> make a pretty loud clunk when disengaging.
> Some are pretty loud and others
> are soft. I drove it for about 100 miles and
> it quieted down after I got
> close to 100 miles until I was in my driveway
> and it made a pretty load
> clunk when I put it in reverse?
>
> ED, I know you did this. does yours make some
> clunking noise when
> disengaging. Has it quieted down? I may make
> a video clip of it to send
> you.
>
> Tim Althoff

http://www.angelfire.com/oh3/yellowdakota/index.html
> 99 Solar Yellow RC V-6 Manual

=====
93 Black Dakota CC 5.2 Auto, MP Camshaft, MP Computer, MP Valve Covers, Doug
Thorley Headers W/ 3 " Exhaust, Jacobs Ultra Ignition, FMS Injectors, K & N
Air Filter, and Boyds. Coming soon ...3.91 Gears and Trans Shift Kit.