4.7 gas mileage

From: Ransom T Holbrook (ransom@setel.com)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 07:01:53 EDT

Just for comparison:

I just got back from my vacation where I trailered my "race car" (fully
blown and prep'd '89 SHO) to Tulsa, OK from far SE Kentucky. The car weighs
in at 3300 and with the trailer I'm sure that it's close to 4500. In the
bed of my DAK (crammed full), I had most of my tools, 3 floor jacks, luggage
and tires. In the cab was me and wife and I ran A/C the whole way. Driving
within 5 mph of the speed limit, I got 16 mpg (15.985) for the 1800 round
trip. As some of you know, when you cross the Mississippi the speed limit
goes to 70-75 mph on the Interstates, so I wasn't poking around too much.

2001 RC 4.7 Sport+ 5-speed 3.92