Tranny & Rearend

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 18:19:06 EDT

Wellllll I went to work a few hours early this am to do some maintence on
the dak..

Rearend: no chipped/broken teeth as I thought might be the case, although
the side gears show some pitting...

Tranny... ummm ouch! Dropped the pan down, low and behold a small chunk
of metal sitting on the magnet along with some fine metal chips (not the
normal power)

put in new shoes while i had her on the rack...

I'm bummed out over the tranny, I figgure I'll just drive it till it dies.
the nitrous is coming out ASAP. I'm looking at a rebuild/rebuilt unit, but
not sure when I can afford to do so.
         Jon Smith
       Raleigh, NC
'95 CC 318 4x4 auto