Re: Re: Re: Tranny & Rearend

From: Mark Kuzia (flyboy01@mediaone.net)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 00:35:29 EDT

Here's a tip to do it cheap, find a non-posi housing and axles ($100-125),
New bearings ($80), find a used center section with posi on e-bay
($250-300), get a set of competion engineering shock mounts and spring pads
($30). If you do this, It will cost you between $450-525. Or you can di it
my way and get everything new and HD, and spend about $1400. The big expense
is in the center section, if you find that cheap, everything else is
inexpensive.

Mark Kuzia
flyboy01@mediaone.net
http://people.mw.mediaone.net/flyboy01/home.html
1995 Dakota 13.79 @ 102.45 mph
~360ci, 5-spd, 8 3/4 rear / 3.90-SG
1994 Dakota 15.36 @ 91.56 mph
~318ci, 5-spd, 3.90 LS (bone stock, no mods)