Re: Re: Virus Alert!!

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 09:27:28 EDT

Depends on how the reader has their options set and what mail reader
they are using. Some viruses can be activated simply by being viewed in
the preview pane of Outlook, but IIRC this was a particular VBS script
and you had to have a particular version of Excel loaded and the mail
program settings had to be configured to allow autoexecution of VBS
scripts.

There is always an exception.

Marty