Holley 52mm T.B....Bernd

From: scott quaranta (mquarantaca@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 12:11:49 EDT

on 7/29/01 8:33 AM, Bernd D. Ratsch at bernd@texas.net wrote:

> It all depends on what you want, where you want it (power), and how
> much. A 50m or 52mm is fine for a 5.9L, more than plenty for a 5.2L,
> and will work well on V6's in certain cases. However, bigger is NOT
> always better. But yes, the Holley 52mm will perform better than a
> stock unit...if that's the comparison (removed factory TB and installed
> Holley 52mm TB).
>
> I did ask Holley to provide me with some Dyno data and they do NOT have
> any on the Dakota's. Also, when asked for a test case TB for a
> comparison against the Flometrics or Fastman 50 and 52mm
> TB...hehehehe...."No Comment" from Holley. That tells ya
> somethin'...don't it? ;)
>
> The throttle body is more than just an air delivery unit, it must be
> properly tuned to not mess with the MAP signal (too quick of a vacuum
> drop on the port) and must work with the existing manifold (factory or
> M1) and linkages.
>
> - Bernd

Hey Bernd,

I Just happen to have the Holley 52mm unit

I had a Tony D(fastman) unit on prior( worked flawlessly)

The Holley is Fully polished and has pretty red butterfly's that say Holley
and it works with all the sensor flawlessly.

we were all set to do a dyno comparison and the original writer backed out
and sent all the test units back.

Mine works great and is one if not the prettiest T.B's available

Also you are right about the T.B. having to work with the sensors correctly
, the only trouble on the sensors has been with some of the early F&B units
to my knowledge , I did have a buddy with some problems but Bruce went out
of his way to make it work.

50mm lightly modded, 52mm there on up and blown ......bigger is better...!

Scott Q