Re: RE: Re: nitrous express

From: chris@slowcar.net
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 13:44:31 EDT

Yep, not only was the heater on, but when he installed a new blowoff valve
he left the old disc in there - so he had *2* disc's in his blow-off valve.
Each disc is rated for 3000 psi, and the way they are stacked it's roughly
additive. The bottle can handle the 3000psi for one blow-off valve,
but I am not aware of any that will handle 6000 psi. Of course he would
have never reached that if he hadn't left his bottle heater on all not.

Incidentally, if he had been using one of the new GenX bottle heaters from
NX he wouldn't of had that problem - you dial in a pressure and they maintain
that pressure - so unless he dialed in 6000 he would have been okay.

Just an idiot who wants someone else to pay for his mistakes.

The pictures are definitely cool though :)

Chris Bennight