Re: Check Engine Light = Engine Too Cold For Too Long

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 20:27:36 EDT

I don't recall that particular code in the slightly earlier models but if the
engine is indeed as warm/hot as you all say - then it can only be the O2
sensor (or PCM itself) as thats the only thing that I can think of that
requires a certain temperature (/voltage) within a certain time period. On
the early OBD2 JTEC computers, the onset of closed-loop would be when the O2
sensor crossed 0.45V for the first time <regardless of engine coolant
temp!>. In case it didn't cross at least once within X seconds - an O2 code
was thrown.

Maybe the later generation PCMs are different. Anybody know?

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI TB Pulleys RTcam MPComp HVoilpump
DynaGearDoubleRoller WindageTray CompTAs