Re: transfer case

From: Moparlary@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 11:27:39 EDT

Help! I need the knowledge of you folks on the list. I have to replace the
transfer case in my 87 Dakota. It has a 3.9 L V-6 and an automatic. A local
junkyard has found a transfer case from a truck with a standard transmission.
My question is will that transfer case bolt into my truck or does it have to
come from a truck with an automatic. Also if you have any tips to make this
job easier, I'd be grateful. I'm tiried of riding the train to work and want
my Dak back!
thanks for any advice you've got!
Mopar Larry, 87 dakota 4x4, 95 Neon sport coupe