Spanked a new Liberty with the 3.7...U-Wa!

From: David D. (dodgedakotaquadcab@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 12:48:32 EDT

Saw a new Jeep Liberty out this morning on the wet streets of Madison.
Pulled up beside the guy,and asked him what was under the hood,and he
said,"the new V6"...so i asked him if he wanted to give it a go at the next
light.

I said,"sure,why not".Hey,i had to find out sooner or later..eh?

Light turned green,i got on the pedal.My new Firestone's never slipped at
all,and i actually pulled out ahead of him.We did this where the speed limit
was 50 mph,and we both never got over 60.

We pulled over by the side of the road to talk.He was surprised that he got
beat by a 3.9,with 35 less hp.I dont know if it was the combination of my
new tires,the intake & exhaust mods,or whatever,but seems like my Dakota
never had a problem dropping the Liberty.

Yes,i might have gotten lucky,but i beat the new 3.7 V6.

(hmmmm,where's another Liberty)

David Digney
00' Dakota Quad Cab
3.9 V6,42RE,3.55,Dynomax Turbo Muffler