Re: WOT - Please read

From: Corey Betka (betka@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 23:03:06 EDT

Yet another Urban legend:
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blasp.htm?once=true&terms=aspartame

Not to rain on anyones parade, but I've been fighting what I like to
call 'mass forward syndrome' for several years as admin of 2
geographically seperate mail systems, and this one has been around a
couple of times in differing formats and versions. It's interesting to
see the (differing) speed these things travel across a K-12 mail
system and a HigherEd mail system.

Believe what you like, I'm just providing more info to the reader.

Way off topic, so I'll shut up now.

Dak related content: 140 miles away from the 6000 mile oil change,
thinking about checking the plugs at the same time.

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Shawn Bowen wrote:

> Ok, this is way off topic and I don't normally send this kind of email out
> but it came from a very good friend of mine and I believe it is causing my
> wife some of the SAME problems.
>
> BELOW is some info I have received dealing with ASPARTAME and
> Fibro,Lupus,MS,etc.
> This came to me from an informed doctor who is also a close friend. In the
> keynote address by the EPA, they announced that there was an epidemic of
> multiple sclerosis and systemic lupus, and they did not understand what
> toxin

<rest of forward snipped>