Re: Dealer didn't fix whirring

From: Bruce (bruce@coldmourning.com)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 22:48:43 EDT

The reason repairs like this are a pain in the ass for these dealers is the
warranty companies hardly ever pay good diagnostic time. With a hard problem
to find they end up eating allot of the diag time.

That's probably why on that other deal they just did the whole rear end. If
they can get away with a SHOTGUN repair and know it may solve the issue and
save them on the diag time they will just do that.

I used to be a warranty admin for a multi line new car dealer and was also
and adviser. I used to cringe when a customer would hand me one of those
things cause it was like pulling teeth to get shit covered.

just my .02 but I hate extended warranties unless you get em way cheep or
sumthen it's just not worth it usually.