Re: Coil Spacers HELP!

From: DGB (dgbcms@netnet.net)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 07:49:52 EDT

I had called Rough Country when I was thinking about doing
that with mine. The guy assured me it had been tried and
proven with several GenII Daks. I ended up buying some from
a local spring shop. They were made of aluminum cast, only
about 1/2 thick, and raised the vehicle 1". They went in the
spring socket at the bottom of the spring in the control
arm.

As the other reader replied, dropping the control arm by
removing the control arm bolts makes installation a breeze.
It did stiffen the suspension up considerably but not to the
obnoxious stage. Re-alignment is necessary after this.

Dwight in WI.