Re: Stolen Radio

From: Gensch, Travis (Travis.Gensch@qtiworld.com)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 09:00:48 EDT

I ALWAYS take my face off and it saved my dash. Yes, they did look under
the seat, but the face was not there. So, the Dak was damaged by the forced
entry, but the dash was left alone. Had they found the face plate, the dash
would also have been trash (and the stereo missing). I would rather deal
with only door damage than door damage, dash damage, wiring damage and no
stereo. I hate not having tunes to listen to.

Besides, I usually carry a cell phone, so what's one more thing. Most face
plates in stores in this neck of the woods are non-removable. Why steal a
radio, then have to steal a face plate? Just move on to the next vehicle.

Travis

>I suggest not, I am sure people will counter this but I garuntee you will
>eventually give up on the hassle of removing the face plate, plus what are
>you going to do with it after it is off, leave it under the seat (they
look)
>or take it with you and be forced to carry a sunglass case size thing
>everywhere you go, and probably loose it somewhere. The other thing is
crook
>will take the radio anyway, go to the stereo store and steal the face off
the
>wall. I had a friend whose faceless stereo was stolen, who knows if the
>crooks got anything from it or just trashed it but they stole it anyway.
The