Re: Stolen Radio---suxa$$

From: -=Krawdaddy=- (black98dak@home.com)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 11:21:27 EDT

if your radio is aftermarket, then look on your box and get the SN off of
it, have the police add it to the report and the number should go out to all
the "good" pawnshops that check those kind of things before they "buy"
stuff. I had SN's for all my amps that were stolen. The people that broke
into my truck used a crow bar to pop off the door handle! F*#ked it up
royally. Second time I had an alarm (in valet mode since it was at the
dealer) but they just broke the window out.

I can tell you that having the face plate off DOES work. I had the plate
off my truck at the dealer and the radio is the ONLY thing they didn't get.
Besides, I don't take my plate off all the time, only at night, which is
more than likely the time it will get broken into. It is crazy to think you
are going to take it off and take it with you everytime you leave the truck.

My opinion... an alarm with lots of warning lights and stickers on the door
window. Detchable face radio.

oh, and comprehensive insurance! Both times my truck was broken into, I had
Liability only... I lost about 1200bux the first time, the second time, the
dealer paid

I feel for you man... sorry to hear it. =(
Krawdaddy - New Orleans, La.
      www.krawdaddy.net
           ICQ# 2325710