Re: Dealer didn't fix whirring (extended warranties)

From: Bruce B (bruce@coldmourning.com)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 12:32:16 EDT

Yep,

Even factory warranty 3/36 allot of the time the dealer eats some of the
diag time. The manufactures are hard asses about that stuff.

When I used to code warranty we would fake notes on the repair orders to say
we broke a stud just to get extra time paid for the job so we should brake
even.

If you ever looked at a book that has all the R&R times in it there are two
columns. So say a CV joint on a Hyundai Excel pays 1.8 Hrs Customer pay time
/ 1.3 Hrs Warranty repair time. It always less on a warranty.

Then on allot of these extended ones they never cover gaskets. SO you blow a
head gasket and guess what, tuff shit..

Good luck. You might want to warm up to the idea of paying out some on the
diag time if this knew dealer can't figure it out.