tranny power flush

From: Datstein@aol.com
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 19:04:34 EDT

I stopped at a local garage today to get a price on changing tranny
&differential fluids. I also asked about the power flush we've been
discussing. He said he had the equipment to do it but he wouldn't recommend
it. Apparently he used to own a tranny shop in Reno. He said 60% of all the
tranny repair he did was from bay area people coming up to Reno for the
weekend who had just had a power flush. He said it destroys the clutch
material in the trannies. I have no reason to either believe or reject his
comment. I just pass it on FYI. David