more POOPOO Brakes

From: Ken Hoffman (kenh@photocenterimaging.com)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 20:57:48 EDT

Many thanks to all of you that responded to my brake post -- It may seem
simple, but all the " I'm sorry to hear about your Dak" comments help more
than you might think! Also, something I didn't mention before is that
yes, there were no injuries --thankfully. The Sub fared better than my
Dak however. The people in the Sub were heading to Disneyland of all
places --I felt like such an idiot argggh
In any case, Aaron mentioned that I may have blown or ruptured a hose.
No ruptures or leaks are evident in any of the line connections, hoses or
wheel cylinders/calipers. At this point, after repairs are made, I will
see if the dealer can' t identify the problem. And yes Ron, the NHTSA
will hear about this. For what it's worth I "tested" my wife's 2000 QC
(mine's a 99 CC) and the stopping distance even from 50mph is only about
half of the distance that I had. Also, her pedal had a slight step or
notch to it upon ABS activation, but the pedal held steady and was
predictable. The distance was just an eyeball estimate, but I wanted
some confirmation that there was indeed a problem. BTW the wife knows
about my "testing" thank you very much ;)
I realize that my tires and ride height will have an effect on stopping
distance but the loss of pedal pressure and actual braking are what
disturb me. Oh, yeah and the fact that my Dak is totally smashed. I
will keep you all posted.

Thanks again for the kind words and ideas
Ken H