Re: RE: Coming To Michigan Next Week...."Cookout & Warren"

From: Peter Poon Jr (ptare99@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Aug 04 2001 - 14:38:35 EDT

Hi folks. Just wanted to let anyone traveling to
Michigan that there is quite a bit of construction on
the highways especially around the Detroit Metro
Airport area. My girlfriend who was born and raised
in Grand Rapids says summer is the season for Michigan
to do all their road work. Anyway, the construction
caused some serious traffic jams when I flew into
Detroit last week (07/27/01). The trip to Michigan
was fun if a bit rushed. :) Some cool places to see
would be Detroit, of course... but also the Ford
Museum in Grand Rapids, or maybe a trip up to Grand
Haven and hang out at Lake Michigan. Just a
suggestion from a Californian who visited recently... Peter