Re: Speed senor?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 10:01:45 EDT

"Bruce B" <bruce@coldmourning.com> wrote:
: Hey ,

: Where can I get a free copy of some of this software?

: And what about the cable???

: And can you change any settings or clear codes?

: that would be bad ass to have a permanent lap top in the truck to look at
: all this stuff.

: I love gadgets.

  Bruce,

  I'm not aware of any freeware software that will do this, there are a
few commercial products out there though. (All of which use some sort
of dongle or locking mechanism to prevent copying.) Anyway, the one
I have is from Ease; www.easesim.com. It came with the software, the
adaptor for the OBD-II port, a fairly long serial cord, and a serial
surge protector. Its worked fairly well so far. As far as what you
can do with it, its basically just a way to look at what all the sensors
are telling you and to view all of the codes. You *can* clear out all
of the codes, but that's really the only thing you can change in the
computer with it. If I ever get around to installing a computer in the
Dak for mp3s and GPS, this will definitely go in there too. :-)

 TTYL!

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -----. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | '70 Barracuda, '92 Ram 4x4, '96 Dakota, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly | `----------------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'