Rancho RS5000 Shocks: Before i have them put on!

From: David D. (dodgedakotaquadcab@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 23:09:41 EDT

I would like to know,how different my Dakota is going to ride,once the
Rancho RS5000 shocks are on it.If it will give it too stiff of a ride,where
i feel every bump,etc,i'm not sure i want them on there..

But if they will feel like brand new shocks from the factory,then its ok.I
just dont want the truck to be stiff as all hell.

On another note,i have got bout 250 miles on the Firehawks now.I notice that
the tires are harder than the Eagles.Steering wheel twitches a little,but
she tracks dead on straight at 65/70 mph...

She also does appear to have wider tires on her.I know thats normal,i just
have to get used to it..

My question on the tires,is this.

The sidewall says 44 pounds of air.They are at 35 now.Can i go up to 37/38
pounds for on the Interstate,and 4 people on board,without hurting the
tire??

My mileage isnt hurting for the added size of tire.Still getting 235-245
miles on a half tank w/87 octane & running 65 with the A/C on

Let me know bout the shocks before tomorrow at 930am,if someone would..

David Digney
00' Dakota Quad Cab
3.9 V6,42RE,3.55
DML Member
Dakota USA Member/Wisconsin Chapter President