Re: Towing?

From: bgbeaird@neosoft.com
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 19:38:49 EDT

I know I can tow with the R/T, but plan on installing the Eibach
suspension and maybe even getting some better tires and going F-body
hunting at the local autocross course. The R/T frequently places
mid-pack in ESP, with no other mod than headers. I figure with some
suspension work, better tires (we are still running the original tires)
and maybe a better Y-pipe, that truck should be a killer against more
modded Canaries and Rustangs.

Also, we will be looking for something to replace our aging 89 Cherokee,
our 'pup-mobile', as we call it, because we haul our three large dogs
around in it. The Jeep is suffering from too many years of being used as
a dive truck in Florida (my wife's truck before we met) and the back
floorpan is quite rusted. I can see carpet in places when under the
truck. I would like to replace it with another Jeep, but since they no
longer make them, we are not expecting to find any new ones when we start
looking. So, we will need a work truck. Besides, the R/T keeps our
other garage queen, our 95 Impala SS, company. Can't break up that pair!
 :-)

Thank you all for your input. I think the longer wheelbase of the
quad-cab Dak will help make it a stable platform to tow with, while
allowing the dogs the window they need to bark at stuff from. It is one
of a couple we are going to look at, but I am already impressed with the
construction and performance of our R/T. The competitors will have to be
pretty good, or the Dakota's price pretty bad to loose.

Gene Beaird
98 Flame Red CC R/T
Pearland, Texas