Towing?

From: bgbeaird@neosoft.com
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 22:16:46 EDT

We just paid off the loan on our 98 CC R/T (yeah!). We plan on saving up
a couple of months and then looking at something new. We need something
to potentially tow our SCCA G Stock autocrosser 86 SVO, which is 3011#.
That, and a trailer would run about 4500#.

Among the vehicles we are considering would be a 4-door Dak. I am
wondering who on this list;

1. Tow with such a beast?
2. How much do you tow (weight)?
3. What special provisions have you made to tow with the truck?
4. How many miles have you racked up towing?
5. Anything special you wish to add?

Thanks for any info. We were thinking of a Cherokee Sport (we have an 89
that has performed well), but since they are not making them anymore, and
the new V-6 is unproven, to us, in the Liberty, I think a Dak is a good
possible contender.

Thanks.

Gene Beaird
98 Flame Red CC R/T