Re: Remote starters

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Aug 08 2001 - 12:06:07 EDT

In article <41200183892540290@earthlink.net> you wrote:
: Is it just me, or is it really that hard to get in and start the damn thing
: the old fashioned way?

  In a word, yes. :-)

  I basically got tired of getting dressed up, running through snowdrifts
to start the truck, then going back inside to wait for the thing to warm
up. Now I only have to go out to the truck when I actually leave, and
not only is the interior nice and warm, but the engine is too. No more
shivering in a freezing cab waiting for the water temp to come up.

  Plus, even if you are a fan of the "run outside, start the truck, run
back in" method, you have to leave a key in the ignition. Sure, you
could lock the door I suppose, but when I remote start, my truck has no
key in the ignition, the doors are locked, the engine will die if anyone
does manage to get in and try to move the truck, and on top of all that,
the alarm is active. That's some good peace of mind.

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -----. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | '70 Barracuda, '92 Ram 4x4, '96 Dakota, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly | `----------------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'