Re: Roller Rockers

From: Kevin (ksmith@korea.com)
Date: Fri Aug 10 2001 - 07:53:41 EDT

The reason you go with a roller rocker set-up is to reduce friction in your
engine. Reduced friction results in lower oil temps, and quicker valve train
movement coupled with small horsepower improvements with the 1.6, and up to
24 horses with the 1.7's. Now if after you make the change your fuel mileage
should improve because of the reduced friction in your engine, However, the
improved throttle response along with the extra horsepower will most likely
have you tipping into the throttle just a little deeper for a little longer
to enjoy the horsepower thrill hence lower fuel mileage!
The change only has benefits if you go with either ratio, and you do the job
right, Enjoy