Info on the HO 4.7

From: Josh Stolarz (josh@stolarz.org)
Date: Sat Aug 11 2001 - 09:52:00 EDT

This is rom car-truck.com explaing what makes the HO 4.7 HO...

One of my Ace Buzz Patrollers explains where the extra power comes from:
"It's basically a standard 4.7 with several minor improvements, kind of
along the lines of what you would do to squeeze more power out of a stock
engine that your going to race. First we replaced the cast iron crankshaft
with a forged one. Gaining strength while reducing reciprocating mass. We
also added a unique (to the HO 4.7) crankshaft damper and special main
bearings. The compression is bumped up to 9.7 to 1 by using a domed piston."

Josh
http://dakota.jumpautos.com