Re: Re: Small Vaccuum Port Help Needed

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Sat Aug 11 2001 - 23:04:31 EDT

I had the engine light appear after installing the IAT adjuster a couple
weeks ago. Tested the connections with an ohmeter and found that one of the
wires going into the posi-lock connectors wasn't contacting the connector
properly. reconnected the wire and reset the computer and the engine light
went away.
Not sure about the vacuum hose as I have an OBDI vehicle. OBDII vehicles tend
to be alot more tempermental regarding vacuum leaks. I know on mine it wont
stall or give an engine light when either vacuum line (EGR or canister) is
diconnected. I believe it will stall if the PCV hose is disconnect but that
is the larger hose. One of my coworkers has an OBDII V6, I'll check her
engine out and see what the deal is.

John S

95 cc 318 auto, transgo shift kit, HE stage II TB and intake, HE 1418 cam,
1.6 Roller rockers, MSD digi6+, MSD HVC coil & 8.5 wires, Hp cap + rotor, MP
PCM, DT headers, Gibson exhaust (3" from headers back, no cat), 180 stat,
autolite 3923's, progear DR timing chain, auburn LSD, 4.10 gears, superior
axles, K&N X-stream filter system, MP valve covers, 24# FMS injectors, IAT
adjuster