T-Case Blowing Oil was: Rearend Blowing Oil

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Sun Aug 12 2001 - 13:49:33 EDT

Thanks Dwight. I got a chance to crawl under the truck this morning and it's
the transfer case that's blowing oil and not the rearend! I couldn't believe it
as the whole rear axle is coated and the tailgate/cap rear window is also coated
with a thin film of oil... It's definitely ATF fluid though and the pressure
release button on my T-Case is gone (blown off, I guess). The ATF just traveled
down the drive shaft and soaked everything as it spun.

I'm not sure which is worse, T-Case or rearend problems but at least I don't
have to worry about the wheels coming off --for now anyway! Anyone else having
problems with their NV-242 not being able to hold it's ATF?
Tom
Back to square one --in Boston.