Re: '98 318 computer

From: brad k (brad70_98@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Aug 12 2001 - 16:56:52 EDT

Tom,

I installed the Mopar PCM(P5007118) in my 5.2l 1998 CC
4x4 Dakota a few weeks ago. I bought it for 300$ from
www.manciniracing.com. The cost from
www.summitracing.com was $360.

The performance PCM will change the spark and fuel
curve. It also raises the top RPM and removes the Top
speed limiter.

When I installed the PCM I immediately noticed the
trucked rev'd higher and faster at WOT. I installed
headers and the PCM at the same time and they lowere
my 1/4 mile ET by about a half second. (Not sure which
made the bigger difference)

After installation The PCM nees to be programmed with
the VIN and mileage from a Mopar dealer. Expect to pay
an additional 25-75$ for this. Shop around local
dealers to get the best price.

That part number looks correct for the California
version.

Brad
98 4x4 CC 5.2L Emerald Green
Gibson Exhaust, JBA Headers, Ported TB, 3923's, Taylor
Wires, Accel Cap/Rotor, Mopar PCM, 180 T-stst, K&N
FIPK