got spanked by a ferd

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Sun Aug 12 2001 - 16:13:22 EDT

Well it is deinitely time to sping for new heads. I've done damn near all I
can do other than that(excluding nitrous and SC). I merging from I-77 N onto
I-480 E and there was a mustang that was coming up on my left (he was on 480
E) so I figured I'd give him a little surprise and nailed it in drive. I
pulled away quickly and should have captivated his lane at that point.
Instead I stayed to the right and looked to see how far back he was. Low and
behold he was only a car length or so behind. I let my engine scream to 5600
RPM then shifted to OD. Unfortunately he had the wieght and aerodynamic
advantage. He got about even with me and I had to slow down due to a car in
my lane. Not that it mattered cause he would've overtaken me anyway. As he
passed by I noticed the little cobra emblem. I guess I don't feel as bad
knowing it was a cobra, but I still wretch at the idea of being beaten by a
ferd.
 The solution of course is to do the strojer motor which I cannot afford at
this point. So I am ordering heads and will see if that helps out.

John S

95 cc 318 auto, transgo shift kit, HE stage II TB and intake, HE 1418 cam,
1.6 Roller rockers, MSD digi6+, MSD HVC coil & 8.5 wires, Hp cap + rotor, MP
PCM, DT headers, Gibson exhaust (3" from headers back, no cat), 180 stat,
autolite 3923's, progear DR timing chain, auburn LSD, 4.10 gears, superior
axles, K&N X-stream filter system, MP valve covers, 24# FMS injectors, IAT
adjuster