gauges

From: ateeling@workstationusers.com
Date: Sun Aug 12 2001 - 21:00:19 EDT

Got my autometer gauges in the mail on friday. Still waiting for my lo-tek
piller pod. I got a trans temp(2640), air/fuel(2675) and a vac/boot(2601).
I taped the vaccum gague into vaccum hose comming off the throttle body. It
reads 20hg at idle. I was wondering if I got a suppercharger would it also
read boot from that hose? Im thinking it would.
I have the 4.7l with the 45rfe auto and would like to try to use the
tempeture sensor thats already in the engine. I can find its input into the
transmission computer. Do you guys think i would be sucsesful if i taped
into that? I'd rather not install another sender.
I have the california emissions so i have 2 upstreme 02 sensors. So what i
am planning on doing is installing a switch to switch the a/f gauge between
the two. What are your'all thoughts on that.
adam