Rams head hood pads

From: ?n ???r (n9ngw@msn.com)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 23:56:27 EDT

I bought the pad that goes under the hood for my 98 dakota cc about 4 months
ago, like the ones the r/t's have, and now its starting to get a white
kinda powdery scum all over it, I have tried using the car wash pressure
hose to clean it off, and while its wet it looks nice, but when it dries it
gets that white crap all over it again.
Does anyone know what causes this and how to clean it off?
I have an electric fan so the fan isn't throwing anything on it, this is
really got me puzzled. Jon in Belvidere,ill