Re: ping: Hoegen? homebrew kit! BOOT

From: Kevin Hoegen (kevinhoegen@email.com)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2001 - 09:33:22 EDT

Sorry for the delay in answering...I still have no internet access at
home!!!

Anyway.....as someone else mentioned the BOOT is part of the cone
filter...the part which slips over the end of the PVC tubing (opposite the
filter end). The boot is one of the ways that K&N catagorizes the filter (ie
diameter of boot).

Secondly, I did have to special order the filter. As I mentioned on the mods
page, I called K&N and discussed the flow and dimensions I needed for my
setup, and we came up with that "custom" filter. They have tons of filters
however....so if ya find another one locally, just ensure that the
dimensions and flow requirements are met. i suppose you could always get the
part # of the filter that is in stock, and check with K&N to see if it
provides adequate flow. From what I have seen, many DMLers get filters much
larger than necessary....not a problem if ya got the room.

Hope this helps,

Kevin Hoegen
kevinhoegen@email.com
http://webpages.charter.net/khoegen/mods.html