Do you have problems with Lund's Bug Deflectors?

From: Paul Macey (pmacey@ans.net)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2001 - 14:17:14 EDT

I've got Lund's 3 piece Exterminator bug deflector.

Works well, my windshield no longer looks like fly paper and it's stopped
at least one rock from hitting my hood/windshield at the expense of some
deep scratches/slight crack in the shield. (I guess that just about
justifies the $49 spent on the shield).

Was doing some clean-up and noticed that the rubber piece around the
edge of both headlights is starting to rip...these are the rubber pieces
you have to pop out to screw in the 'eyebrows', then pop back in. FWIW,
the scews are just hand tight.

Anyone else have this problem?

The deflector is about 2 1/2 months old.

Thanks in advance...