Re: home brew intake installed.

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2001 - 18:03:00 EDT

Punch/ Crash2000 wrote:

> well, everything went extremely smooth, thanks for the instructions Hoegan.
>
> my only problem was finding the filter, I went with a K&N E-0930,a
> recommendation from a speed shop???
>
> my problem is the boot is 3" ID and my ABS is 3.5 OD, the clamp just crushes
> the rubber boot? I need a coupler to fit inside the boot and outside the ABS
> eg. 3"-3.5" think I could find one!!

Why the mismatch? My K&N fits perfect on my 3.5 OD. IIRC. I'd have to
check, but I know its a perfect fit. And I'm fairly sure that my ABS is
3" ID so that would make the OD about 3.5". Maybe you need the same
cone but with a bigger boot, a slightly different K&N unit.

> question, does the airfilter change the sound of the truck? it sounds more
> growly (however it's spelt) under WOT.

Yes! Cool isn't it!

Marty

--
"Hysteria sells -- and accuracy takes time, which could make
the news stale by the time the statisticians check it out."