Need new Clutch on MAGNUM S/T..long...recommendations needed!

From: WSC (WSC@email.com)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 17:36:12 EDT

Well, looks like in addition to the work already done, the dealer says I
need a new clutch :-(

Of course I have 38,7k on it, and my extended warranty (see previous posts)
does not cover anything that has the word CLUTCH in it (Bamboozeled by the
dealer again :-()

Anyway, now that I need a new clutch, dont have a warranty, and the dealer
estimates the cost at about $1000 total (with work already done), I figure
I'll put in a good replacement which is as good or better than original
equipment.

I currently have the dealer holding the truck until I decide how to proceed.
I told him I'm thinking about replacement with "performance" parts. He was
telling me that after-market clutch warrantys aren't too good, but when I
asked how the warranty was for the mopar parts....he admitted that they are
about the same. I figure for the top$$ cost I'll be spending to put MOPAR
parts in the Dak, I might as well make sure I'm getting the best parts I
can....who knows when the clutch will be apart again.

Is there a "performance" clutch that I can put into my 99 V6 5-speed??
If so, and if anyone can make a recommendation...please tell me. I
originally thought about Mopar Performance...but I don't know much about
clutches or who has what....plus....I only have internet acess at the
school....which is bout 1/2hour from the house....so I dont have alot of
online time to look around the net :-(

Again....any recommendations about how I should proceed...either with
aftermarket performance or stick with original equipment would be greatly
welcome. Also, if you have part number, manufacturer names or just a
reference phone number so I can call these people...that would be great.

Thanks again all. I hope to have the MAGNUM S/T on the road soon.......right
now I'm sharing the driving of my wife's 1.6L Geo Tracker!!!! My god, it's
like driving a lawnmower :-)

Note: Dealer says that the flywheel is ok. I had originally told him that if
there was any damage that I wanted it replaced as opposed to 'fixing'
it.....plus labor $$ would have been about the same as replacement $$.

Later all. If you have serious info (ie part numbers etc) please email me
direct at kevinhoegen@email.com as I don't know the next time I'll have
acess to the newsgroup.....frikin CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS is giving me the
runaround about my Charter Pipeline service not workin since last Friday...

have I said when it rains it pours....YES...and it does :-(

Kevin
kevinhoegen@email.com