Re: Carbon Fiber Euro pics

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 21:17:59 EDT

Andy Levy wrote:

> Is that a cover over the lights, or is that 100% "from APC" that we're
> looking at? If that's the "stock" setup of them, I'd jump on them now for
> my black Dak, but I'm concerned about the QC.
>
> Bob Mankin wrote:
>

> > Well, I did a quick install on the CF Euro rears this morning and the
> > finished pics are below. I have to say I'm not overly impressed with
> > their quality control. For my '98 I had to modify 3 of the 4 socket
> > holes with a Dremel tool to make them work. There are also casting flaws
> > on both pieces about midway along the an edge. You can probably see the
> > flaw in the close-up pic below.
> >
> > Still not sure about these things. Will run 'em for a few days. Maybe
> > they'll grow on me after awhile. They don't look bad, but I guess I was
> > expecting that "ooh, aah" factor right out of box.
> >
> > Scott Q, no "Pep Boys aisle 9" comments from you.......I found these on
> > aisle 11 :-)
> >
> > http://www.dnai.com/~bobm/images/euro-qtr-view.jpg
> > http://www.dnai.com/~bobm/images/euro-fullview.jpg
> > http://www.dnai.com/~bobm/images/euro-rt-side.jpg
> >

> > Bob
> >

> --
> -andy
> andylevy@yahoo.com
> Maintainer, DML FAQ - http://www.dakota-truck.net/faq/
> http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/dakota/
> '99 CC 4x4 318 auto

Andy,

Those are as they come from APC. They grow on you after awhile. I think
they'd look even better on a black DAK. Scott Q just put some on his
blue R/T. Maybe he can post a couple of pics. The hacks you have to make
to the sockets would be invisible onces installed. I haven't messed with
them yet, but I think the minor flaws on the edges could be touched up
easily as well. Too bad. You wouldn't be doing that sort of thing if it
were a quality product.

Bob