Re: Gen II Questions

From: Michael Clark (mike@mikesdakota.com)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 16:56:30 EDT

> Ok yall - a few questions about my new toy - a '93 Dak CC 318. Looks
> like its got the LE package. Whats that?

I think the LE package is like the SLT package before they called it
SLT. I may be wrong though.

> Also, I noticed the fuel
> delivery system is different than my '96 Ram 360. I seem to recall
> someone saying that the fuel pressure regulator is rail mounted on the
> Gen IIs. Mine looks like it has one. If so, I assume there is a full
> return line to the tank also (unlike the late models).

Take a look at this page, it talks a little about the fuel system
differences on 94+ trucks. http://members.spree.com/business/krcperform/java/krc_performance_2bbl.htm

> The rails on my
> 360s are painted black and the '93 318 ones are shiny metal - almost
> chrome-like in appearance.

Hit those with some mothers aluminum polish and they will look very
much like chrome....

> The fuel injectors have yellow
> plastic-looking tops as opposed to my 360s grey ones. Anyone know what
> size they are?

19lb./hr

> Rail pressure is around 32psi while running. 360s rail
> pressure is 49psi. What gives?

Not sure, but I think that's normal pressure for the earlier trucks.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

> Anybody know of any good Gen II links, webrings, etc?

> Thanks in advance,

> Shane

http://nav.webring.yahoo.com/hub?ring=gen2daks&list
Although I really need to create a better one...

Have fun with your new 'toy'!!

--Mike
www.mikesdakota.com