Re: Gen II Questions

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 19:49:23 EDT

At 02:39 PM 8/17/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Ok yall - a few questions about my new toy - a '93 Dak CC 318. Looks
>like its got the LE package. Whats that?

I believe the LE stands for Limited Edition, which must be a special
appearance package. Why they chose LE, I have no idea.

>Also, I noticed the fuel delivery system is different than my '96 Ram 360.
>I seem to recall someone saying that the fuel pressure regulator is rail
>mounted on the Gen IIs. Mine looks like it has one. If so, I assume there
>is a full return line to the tank also (unlike the late models). The
>rails on my
>360s are painted black and the '93 318 ones are shiny metal - almost
>chrome-like in appearance.

That would be miggity. "The 92-93 Daks had the pressure regulator on the
fuel rail
instead of in the tank. If you switch to the 92 fuel system, you will have
access to the regulator. The 94+ systems use a fuel pump/regulator all in
one unit that is non-serviceable. The 92-93 systems ran the regulator on the
fuel rail, so not only is it serviceable, it's also replaceable. " If
that's the case,
you are one lucky SOB :-)

>The fuel injectors have yellow plastic-looking tops as opposed to my 360s
>grey ones. Anyone know what size they are? Rail pressure is around 32psi
>while running. 360s rail pressure is 49psi. What gives?

I wonder if previous owner put a set of FSM #19s (which have yellow tops) in.
The Siemen injectors which I have grey tops ('97) and rated 19# @ 43.5 psi. My
fuel pressure is somewhere between 45 and 50 psi., so they are about
equivalent to 23-24# @ 43.5 psi. I don't recall at the moment what psi
the FSM #19 are rated at but I pretty sure its lower than 43.5 psi.

HTH. Bob.