Re: Tires

From: Michael Clark (mike@mikesdakota.com)
Date: Sat Aug 18 2001 - 05:42:52 EDT

> Also, should I have the spare replaced or not? Don't know its
> condition - haven't looked - but I figure if it's in okay shape
> there's not much use in replacing it, right?

> Thanks!

I'd just do a visual inspection on the spare to make sure there is no
damage and no cracks from dry rot. Make sure it holds air. If it
passes these two tests I'd keep it. I don't know what the shelf life
of spare tires are, but I've still got the factory spare on my '93 and
it's fine.

--Mike
www.mikesdakota.com