Tires

From: Alek Benedict (alek@sigecom.net)
Date: Sat Aug 18 2001 - 04:40:35 EDT

Hi everyone ..

Well my passenger side rear tire is pretty much shot - the steel
belts are shredding and protruding through the tire and thus it
goes flat about every two days.

I could just replace it but the tires on my truck are cheap ones
anyhoo, figured I might as well do all 4 [plus the spare?] at
the same time.

My question is this: What do you all recommend? I'm not looking
for ultra-handling tires, my major concern is longevity, next
would be handling in rain/snow. Cost isn't a major factor though
$100+ a tire seems a bit steep to me. But then again I've never
had to buy new tires so I may be asking for something that
doesn't exist. :)

Umm, I don't know the size off-hand. Whatever the stock size is
on a '93 Dak Sport with the fancy aluminum wheels.

I'm really ignorant when it comes to tires, so I'm hoping you
all can enlighten me a bit so I don't get shafted when I go to
buy new ones.

Also, should I have the spare replaced or not? Don't know its
condition - haven't looked - but I figure if it's in okay shape
there's not much use in replacing it, right?

Thanks!

--
alek benedict
alek@sigecom.net