OK, I guess my horn isn't loud enough

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Aug 18 2001 - 23:03:00 EDT

Was driving around today with my father and we found a real great driver.
We were stopped at an intersection, red light. 100000 year old woman at
the wheel of this older GM (80s). The cross street has a red for thru
traffic (left-only had green) and she just sat there when it was very
clearly safe to make the turn (right on red is legal in NY).

So then the thru-traffic light changes, and she keeps sitting there since,
well, there's traffic. That clears up, we still have the red. At this point
I'm a little ticked off, so I tap the horn a few times. Nothing. Leaned
on it for a few seconds. Nothing.

Then we get the green. SHE STILL ISN'T MOVING! I leaned on the horn for
probably 10 seconds, my father shouting "MOVE, MOVE" out the window at her.
 And she's completely oblivious! Maybe the factory horn's too quiet, or
maybe she was deaf. I dunno. Finally she very slowly pulls out. I zipped
past her but in my rearview I saw a few very dangerous maneuvers by her.

I've long been wishing for a required annual or bi-annual license re-exam
for drivers over 75. Just one more piece of ammo for me.

--
-andy
andylevy@yahoo.com