Re: OK, I guess my horn isn't loud enough

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 21:03:33 EDT

Had to have been a Celebrity.The official pace(maker)
car for the very,very nervous.There must have been
some kind of special senior citizen discount through
GMAC back then.I actually saw two old people driving a
tan `85 Camaro with wire wheel covers one time! Blew
me away. Steve P.
--- Andy Levy <andylevy@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Was driving around today with my father and we found
> a real great driver.
> We were stopped at an intersection, red light.
> 100000 year old woman at
> the wheel of this older GM (80s). The cross street
> has a red for thru
> traffic (left-only had green) and she just sat there
> when it was very
> clearly safe to make the turn (right on red is legal
> in NY).
>
> So then the thru-traffic light changes, and she
> keeps sitting there since,
> well, there's traffic. That clears up, we still have
> the red. At this point
> I'm a little ticked off, so I tap the horn a few
> times. Nothing. Leaned
> on it for a few seconds. Nothing.
>
> Then we get the green. SHE STILL ISN'T MOVING! I
> leaned on the horn for
> probably 10 seconds, my father shouting "MOVE, MOVE"
> out the window at her.
> And she's completely oblivious! Maybe the factory
> horn's too quiet, or
> maybe she was deaf. I dunno. Finally she very
> slowly pulls out. I zipped
> past her but in my rearview I saw a few very
> dangerous maneuvers by her.
>
> I've long been wishing for a required annual or
> bi-annual license re-exam
> for drivers over 75. Just one more piece of ammo
> for me.
>
> --
> -andy
> andylevy@yahoo.com
> Maintainer, DML FAQ -
> http://www.dakota-truck.net/faq/
> http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/dakota/
> '99 CC 4x4 318 auto

=====
Steve Preston 1999 Dakota Sport 3.9V6,4x4,3.92 Anti-spin,42RE auto,Intense Blue,regular cab.