Re: ? about new Quad Cab

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Aug 19 2001 - 13:42:21 EDT

I think it is mandatory for passenger cars (since sometime in the late
'90s) to have a brake/transmission interlock as described here. However,
since the Dak isn't a passenger car, it's not mandatory, and DC didn't put
it in.

The topic comes up on the DOC forum every couple months and that's the
explanation as I recall. Some people remain upset about it. Caravans
don't have the interlock last I checked either, as they're still classified
as trucks.

Oddly enough, my father's '93 full-size Chevy conversion van had this
interlock.

--
-andy
andylevy@yahoo.com